Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Labatt Blue and wings - you should be jealous.


Oh the twisted perks that make me continue to appreciate my job. Most people would loathe the idea of a day trip to Buffalo, New York; especially if the said trip included two flights, a rental car, and two tediously long cab rides. As I write this in the back of cab #2, I'm appreciating today more so than most of my recent work experiences. I was not stuck behind a desk. I'm currently coming up on the sexiest nighttime skyline this side of the Atlantic. And finally, I experienced an American classic - Buffalo chicken wings.


I first tried hitting up the original for lunch, but given a short window of opportunity combined with a long line of devoted Buffalonians, my hopes were quickly dashed. Feeling defeated, my hopes were revitalized by an email from a colleauge who wanted wings (and a reason to skip his wife's home cooking) just as madly as I did. Duff's it was.


Medium-hot sauce. The only bleu cheese I'll eat (don't think about asking for ranch like I did). Labatt Blue. What more could you ask for? I am a true believer that Buffalo wings are indeed better in their hometown than anywhere else. If you are a food connoisseur or just a fan of the Super Bowl staple, a trip to Buffalo is worth it. Just be sure to visit in July, as it was 8 degrees today.
I almost forgot! Sneaking the leftovers home through security was a success. Only in Buffalo. I can only imagine trying to get 10 boney objects through at JFK. Hilarity and/or intense questioning would ensue, I'm sure.

3 comments:

  1. Yesssssss to the hometown favorites!!! Anchorbar is the best but Duff's is definitely up there. And I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is making me crave wings like crazy. Medium-hot sauce sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Medium hot sauce IS perfect.

    ReplyDelete