Saturday, May 2, 2009

Nothing crazy about him. Collin Huggins (and Co) rocks.

I was cutting through Union Square's subway station Saturday afternoon and stopped to watch the musical act that was absolutely crushin' it before me. I normally don't stop to watch the acts because either a) they're not very good or b) I, like most people, am in a rush to get to point P of my day. But how often does one see a piano in the subway?

I've seen the (self-titled) Crazy Piano Guy before. Union Square, 4/5/6 platform, solo. I have genuine respect for someone who puts forth the effort, time, and commitment to wheeling a piano around through NYC in order to share music with strangers. But today’s act included a drummer and array of three tap dancers. Cheers and more importantly TIPS to these guys for making everyone’s day (even those in a rush) a little brighter.

One important question remains - does Mr. Huggins know anything about the baby grand abandoned on Houston?




Check out the video below for a taste of what you missed out on today.







No comments:

Post a Comment