Sunday, May 10, 2009

Ode to Mom.

Ma,
Happy Mother’s Day for the 25th time! Granted it’s probably been 22, maybe 23 times that I’ve actually said it to you if you don’t count those few drooling years at the start of things, but you’ve deserved to hear it every day. You’ve put up with a lot of crap from me (not so much from the “other” child). It's been twenty five years of worrying. Twenty five years of I told you so’s and where are your socks. Don’t put that in your mouth and you will finish eating that. We’re proud of you. What girl is that calling now? Did you hear the new gossip? Do your homework. Move your car, you’re blocking me in. We'll support you in your decision, no matter what. Where’s your father? Boys! Take it outside. You’re grounded. I love you.

Thanks ma. For everything.


2 comments: