Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I've been getting my mind blown for 11 years.

Night two of DMB at Jones Beach lived up to the (i.e. my) expectations placed upon it. Highlights included the "Carter Show" (Two Step), Seek Up debuting, and of course the wicked sick (yes, wicked sick) rendition of Jimi Thing. The new song Alligator Pie is evolving nicely as well. The night's set is below and nerdy links for songs are provided if they weren't repeated from the night before (only two repeats):

Pantala Naga Pampa(into)
Rapunzel
One Sweet World
Seek Up [part 1 of 2] [2 of 2]
Why I Am
Grey Street
Dive In
Dancing Nancies
Crash Into Me
Alligator Pie
Jimi Thing [part 1 of 2] [2 of 2]
Gravedigger
Funny The Way It Is
Shake Me Like A Monkey
You And Me
Time Bomb
Two Step (clip of Carter being insane)

Encore Break

Sister
Anyone Seen the Bridge (into) Too Much (Tease) (into)
Tripping Billies



Not to date myself too much, but I've been seeing these guys live for 11 years now, and I must say that they're better than ever. They're having fun, playing what they want when they want. Songs have evolved into distant versions of what they once were. If you've never seen them live, do it. They should be up on your list with the Bob Dylans and KISSes of the world. Just make sure it's a "night 2."

No comments:

Post a Comment