Monday, July 20, 2009

NYC subways now offering Subway.

Hunger hit hard today so I sought out a five dollar foot long from Subway. A quick Google Maps search had me heading towards 53rd and Madison. When I arrived on the Madison side of the corner, I could not for the life of me find the Subway Google oh-so-kindly referred me to. There was no green and yellow signage in sight; this is Madison Avenue, after all. The familiar waft of Subway-esque odor was not fumigating the block. The only thing I saw in the area was...

an entrance to the E/V subway. Eff.

I crossed the street to return back to my office accepting the notion that my lunch would be limited to the dungeon-like atmosphere of my company's cafeteria. As I was crossing paths with the station entrance while silently cursing myself for trusting Google more than I trust most people, I saw this:




Subway was in the subway!!! Hot damn. I suddenly felt my mental anguish over lunch being lifted off my shoulders. I would soon be fed, Mother Google was right after all, and all was well with the world.

Then I ate my sandwich. I wish I'd stuck with the dungeon.

2 comments:

  1. dude, you should have know after eating at that BK at Herald Square.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Touche. That place was awful.

    ReplyDelete