Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Killer of all things hot and humid discovered on 10th Street.

Take note of this if you live in or frequent the East Village.

One of my interns turned me on to Thirstea, an inviting little cafe specializing in bubble tea and smoothies. After opening earlier this summer on 10th Street (b/t 1st and A), they've already earned a 4.5 star rating on Yelp. And to be honest, I could not agree more. I've been there multiple times in the last few weeks, never leaving disappointed.

The owners are wonderful, friendly and honest about their drinks. For example, today I had the "Depeache Mode" smoothie, made with peaches, soy milk and honey. "It's more natural, not too sweet" was the description I received along with an offer to sweeten it up that I declined. Afterall, I trust the master behind the counter. The standard combination was spot on and delicious. For something sweeter I prefer the honeydew smoothie. Stop in, grab a drink, and enjoy the free wi-fi. I promise you'll leave here a happy and soon-to-be repeat customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment