Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Rubbing Elbows, party of 8 - your table is ready.

Asked to plan an evening of wining and dining for a group of business constituents, I was concerned with being faced with trying to build a skyscraper from Lego's after learning of the event's budget. But do you know what is one upside to the recession? Sweet deals on corporate events!



I hosted the dinner tonight on behalf of my company's leadership at the '21' Club in midtown. Looked at as tacky by some of my more experienced dining colleagues, it was a hit with the crowd we were hosting. This place screams classic, old school New York. Jackets are recommended for dining and required if in the Bar Room. Every president since FDR (with the exception G.W.) has dined there. Needless to say, '21' is established NYC history. Check out Wiki for more info. It's definitely a place I need to return to with a real camera. BB pictures only do so much. Heck I didn't even capture the horse jockeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment