Tuesday, September 15, 2009

You shouldn't judge a watering hole by the strip mall it calls home.

Ohhhhh Binghamton. Work has brought me to the Cloudiest Place on Earth for the next three days. I joined my coworker for a cold one at the safest bar in town, the Ale House. And by safe I mean free of hammered college coeds and potential future interview candidates. "Oh hi, Susie! It's great to see you again. Great job dancing on the bar last night, by the way." Awkward.



Why is the Ale House so spectacular? Well I'm glad you asked, my friend. Behold, the pro's and con's:

Ups
  • They trademarked the saying The Beerjoint of Your Dreams.
  • The kitchen is open late and makes a great burger.
  • When you've had one too many, there's the mattress shop next store. Please, kick up your feet.
  • Did you click on their website? Beerjoint.com!
  • The facade resembles a boardwalk.
  • Did I mention the beer? 36 rotating beers on tap, ranging from favorites to local breweries.

Downs
  • Being that it's in a strip mall, it is nearly impossible to back out of a parking spot and not end up on the highway.
  • No really, it's actually pretty $%*@ing dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment