Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday night lights.

The city is at its most beautiful from afar. Up close, it's nonstop. Crowded streets. Crowded restaurants, bars, and parks. Jammed highways and side streets. One hundred different people making one thousand different noises. But from the distance and over the hum of the BQE the lights of midtown and downtown are calming. It, as in city city, is there but it's not. It's reachable but far enough away that I can hear jet planes overhead. It's, well - nice over here. And by nice I mean Brooklyn.

Side note - if you have 4 hours of your life to spare, I highly suggest searching You Tube for planes. Plane landings, take off's, whatever. Crashes if you're sick. Or bored. The above link is just an example of reasons why I'm happy that I fly through JFK on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment