Sunday, November 29, 2009

I'm never rooting for the Jets again.

Whelp, so much for being thankful for my health. I attended the NY Jets game against Carolina this afternoon with a colleague of mine. Great day. Great weather. Great tailgate. Crap game but the Jets pulled out an uninspiring win.

Then there was post-game in the parking lot.

The scene
: Six grown men and two kids from the neighboring tailgate, passing the time with a game of touch football.
The call: 10 yard slant over the middle (redundant description but necessary for the non-football readers).
The play: Broken pass, incomplete.
The result: Broken left collarbone.

Sonofabitch. I blame Mark Sanchez.

I've never been in this kind of pain before. Perhaps this is because it's my first broken bone, but the fact that the collarbone is sorta-kinda-maybe attached and related to everything is a literal pain. It doesn't help that I'm left handed either. Try brushing your teeth or putting on a sock with your non-dominant hand then get back to me.

No pictures from the hospital, but this one is of some creep taking photos of these lovely ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment