Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Answer: Absolutely clutch.

Question: What is Zipcar?

My travel in and around the city for work often leaves me at the mercy of Avis and Hertz rental cars. I find myself committed to one until I am inexcusably screwed over. Sorry we don't have any cars at this time might as well be the official "Welcome to Buffalo" slogan. That and What the Hell Brings You to Buffalo?

Not anymore. My firm recently opened a corporate account with Zipcar which is going to completely change the way I travel. Cars are available 24 hours a day and can be reserved in minutes online. There's even a lot out here in China Brooklyn. Score one for the little guy.

My roommate and I made a trip to the Flatbush Target, and for the low, low rate of $9 an hour we had Volvo wheels under us. The car unlocks with the swipe of an ID card. Just be sure to write down the lot location. And the access code to the parking lot. And don't leave the card in the cupholder once you're parked on a side street in Brooklyn or you'll be standing in the cold on the phone with Roadside Assistance. Not that any of that actually happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment