Sunday, December 6, 2009

My favorite shots are underground.

I love it down here. Characters. Bands. Great lighting. $1 magazines. And in today's case a fast moving train and a young woman frozen still.




There's something about the two objects crossing on film that I can't get enough of. I took a similar shot nearly three years go when I first moved here:




One could argue that I need to find new inspiration. But these trains are our lifeblood, as much as we might hate to admit that. There is life in, on, and around every subway car and station. They thread the otherwise unconnected masses together. They make us creatures of habit. They're trains, after all. So that makes them pretty bad ass, or at least that's what the permanent kid in me likes to think.

No comments:

Post a Comment