Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Oh, nostalgia.

What began as an attempt to fill a culinary craving turned into a sausage fest (no direct reference to Murray Hill). Leave friends responsible for ordering for the group at the Upper East Side's Heidelberg restaurant and soon you'll be come face to sausage with bauernwurst, weisswurst, bratwurst, pigs knuckle, potato pancake, bacon, kassler, knackwurst and leberkaese - with potato salad, red cabbage and sauerkraut. All of that looks like this:



That's a lot of meat.

The Heidelberg is decked out as you'd expect for a place who's specialties are imported beer and meats. Oompa band music fills the background of the wood-paneled, southern Bavarian-styled interior. The waiters wear a funky version of lederhosen, which reminded me of my days in German Folk Club in high school. Yes, I said German Folk Club...in high school. And believe me when I tell you that it's what all the cool kids were doing.

Mmmhmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment