Friday, January 22, 2010

Between two pillars - anywhere New York.

I love this picture.


In a way, it embodies what I originally set out to do with this blog - capture the very simple parts of New York that I appreciate, cherish, and try not to take for granted. The daily reminders of what life is like here. It's not sexy, glamorous or the fast track to the proverbial diamond penthouse in the sky. But I love it.

Catching an express train across the platform at Union Square. Spotting the Empire State Building lit up in blue and white after the NIT championship game. Walking past garbage that a local artist tagged with his slogan. These are the moments. This was a moment.

I stepped off the uptown 6 en route to an interview and spotted the newspaper stand on the downtown side. Augustana blared through my headphones. The guy behind the counter didn't move as some this Suit snapped away, trying his best to keep the point and shoot steady in his hands.

Click on the picture to expand it. Soak it in. This could be anywhere in New York. Gum for the night out; Financial Times for Street news, the Post for sports. Mentos? He has Mentos.

1 comment:

  1. You realize Buffalo is no longer in your list of labels. I mean, Philly is there but no B-lo? Really? Come on man.

    There. I commented. Albeit it has nothing to do with the post but, it counts.

    ReplyDelete