Saturday, January 16, 2010

Multi-borough birthday.

Dinner in Brooklyn, drinks in the East Village.

The former was a first for me. As I was guided through the neighborhood by my roommate, I quickly realized that I somehow made it 3.5 months without going out to dinner in Brooklyn. Takeout? Sure. The food is generally fantastic, don't get me wrong. But I still wonder why I've avoided exploring Billyburg to a greater extent. Note to self.



Regardless, dinner was at Arepa Arepa on Havemeyer (yeah, I don't know where that is either) for a friend's birthday. Closed off to our small group, the place was adorable, cozy, and delicious. Did I mention BYOB? Clearly the reason there was at least one bottle of wine per attendee. Friends, food, and no corkage fee? Yes, please.




Oh, and the latter? Been there, done that; going back again. But being out for the first birthday of the year made me realize something.

Less than a month. Officially in the "mid-to-late 20's" category. Bloody hell.

Scotch, please.

4 comments:

  1. God, you're so young, Benjamin Braddock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. arepa arepa is fantastic...great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was a birthday before that, you just missed it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Numbers don't lie. And I know that, as any (former) good accountant should.

    ReplyDelete