Monday, February 1, 2010

I'm one of them now.

I found myself back at 88 Orchard today, this time pulling up a spot by my lonesome. Laptop out, large coffee ordered, headphones on.

Heads down, thumbs up. Seven up.

I used to be generally curious about the coffee shop cult - type type typing away with a half drank cup of cold coffee next to them. Hoarding every four top with their expansive spread of Macbook, notebooks, and various electronic gizmos. Why don't they have jobs? Is this what professional bloggers do? But here I was, struggling to find a spot near a power strip in order to feed my day-long hang out. Don't hate me; I found myself a two top to call home.


My roommate runs a great spot. The coffee is strong and fresh, and the staff is always warm and considerate. They're launching a new dinner menu this week that promises to be delicious. Check out the menu here. And they have booze now. Added bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment