Saturday, March 27, 2010

"It's called the Metro."

UPDATE: "It's called Metro. There's no the."

Noted.


It is no secret that I take too many pictures underground. Combine my hobby of people watching with the fact that my attention span is oftentimes shorter than the wait for the next train and what you get is a wandering camera lens.

I was in D.C. this weekend and experienced their Metro for the first time. Of course my camera was with me, and of course this has to be PotD. My thoughts on the subway Metro?

  • Cleaner than New York
  • More punctual than Philly
  • Faster than Chicago
  • Anything's better than Boston


My biased self still prefers New York's system for its fare simplicity; but then again maybe if we had a costs-more-the-farther-you-travel system the MTA wouldn't be up to its proverbial eyeballs in debt.

Additional shots have been/will be uploaded here.

1 comment:

  1. I have to reiterate: Anything, and I mean *anything* is better than Boston.

    ReplyDelete