Sunday, April 11, 2010

Worst. Fan. Ever.

It’s true. I effed up.

Back story – knowing I am a Pittsburgh Penguins hockey fan, my friend pulled a 13 on the Awesome Scale of 1 to 10 and scored four tickets to the last game of the regular season against the NY Islanders. Have you ever been to Nassau Coliseum? No? Good – keep it that way. What’s technically labeled a hockey arena, it should be burned to the ground, paved over, and done again. The smell of wet socks and sin permeates what is otherwise a pretty part of the Island. A palace it is not. But I digress.

So there we are, sitting corner ice; great view of the game. Sid the Kid gets his 50th and 51st goals of the season. We eat hot dogs and beers; standard. The girls get Dip ‘n Dots.

Still not sure it’s actually ice cream. And let it be known cotton candy should remain cotton candy. Worst ice cream flavor EVER.

Speaking of generally terrible things…

The game pushes to overtime after the Pens flake and lose their heads in third period. I’m nervous for a game that has zero bearing on the playoffs. I’ve yet to hit the bathroom. I’m two beers and a ginormous Coke into the game. See where this is going?

BK: Pens are playing like *%&#. I think I’m going to the bathroom.
Friend: Umm, okay.
BK: It’s right downstairs, right? I don’t want to miss the shootout.
Friend: Umm……okay.

There was no shootout to miss.

Eaton to Malkin to Leo. Boom. Game.

Sounded like a great win from the bathroom. Shame. A generous helping of I told you so’s (I was never told anything) and What were you thinking’s were served up on the ride home.

Cotton candy Dip ‘n Dots still suck.



Let’s go Pens. Senators are next. Do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment