Thursday, March 12, 2009

A glimpse of classic New York.

Short post tonight since my attention is completely on the ongoing Syracuse/UConn game. I was at an Emory alumni event tonight in the always popular Herald Square area. I caught One Madison Ave poking its head out as I crossed 24th Street on my way to the V train. This will always be one of my favorite buildings in the city. Great history, gorgeous lobbies, stellar restaurants, warm park, and home to a bank that hasn't completely vanished off the face of the earth. Too bad the iconic building will find itself going to the dark side soon enough.

2 comments:

  1. Putting condos in that building is absolutely the most dreadful thing they could possibly do. Why don't they put them in the Statue of Liberty while they're at it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prior to the real estate bubble imploding on itself there were rumors of doing the same to a part of the Chrysler Building. It's a shame public will never see those lobbies.

    ReplyDelete