Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I'm going to have a field day with this place.

Something I miss about the non-urban life is one's ability to be in continuous contact with nature. Surprise, surprise - that relationship is forfeited once you move to the overdeveloped land that is New York. Fear not though, as I've found my newest new thing to do - join the community garden! The 6BC garden is named for its location; East 6th Street between Avenues B & C. Formally a free-for-all gardening plot styled space, 6BC became a botanical garden over time. The current members' efforts are obvious all around as one walks along the maze of brick pathways. It is truly a space that is loved and appreciated by both its members and neighbors, and I'm looking forward to putting in my dues (and then some) to keep the garden alive and well.

Tonight was the new member orientation meeting of which I will be, following a few hours of work on Sunday. I'm looking forward to earning a key to a sliver of urban paradise as well as my next photo obsession. Time to put the landscapin' skills to good use.

No comments:

Post a Comment