Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Sometimes. Occasionally. Once in a blue moon…work gets in the way of blogging.

I’ll be the first to admit that my pictures are not always posted on a daily basis (blame weekend all-you-can-drink brunch specials and tireless spurts of travel). But no matter how long/crappy/spectacular/quirky of a day I have, I do my best to take a picture of something. Anything. Because that’s the point, right? Right. Well today was the first time that I got home and thought to myself, crap.

I’m in the middle of a busy week at work and the last thing on my mind as I trekked home tonight was taking a picture. It didn’t help that I left my camera at work. Minus two points for BK. Ok, just great. What is an amateur blogger with a devoted following of 3 to do? Rather than lie, cheat, and use one of my pictures from a previous session of going all touristy with my Canon point and shoot (I have a lot of these sessions), I’m doing the next best thing. Behold, a “picture:”


(click to enlarge)

Technically this screen shot is a photo. Albeit a cheap cop-out, pictured here is visual proof that work has consumed my time for the past few days. 350 unread emails. 1,000+ unread blog articles. Priorities, or the necessity of being competent at work, forced me to put my personal readings aside. The Man 1, BK 0.

For those of you who follow a few blogs, I highly recommend using Google Reader to organize your sites. You can subscribe to most blogs (including this one…use the button on the right side of this page) and have them organized in one, neat, Google-driven spot. The Reader updates your subscriptions automatically. It’s really quite fantastic. I currently follow 87 different ones, ranging from informative to random to downright pointless. I keep them organized into categories including but not limited to Penn State, NYC, and business-related. You could argue that my Reader is the most organized aspect of my life. And you would be correct.

So that's that. Picture taking will resume on Thursday. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment