Monday, June 8, 2009

100 days in - a look back.

Wow, that was fast. This marks the 100th day of daily BK-ness. Make some room for seconds; things are just getting started.

When I kicked things off in March I didn't know what to expect so I snapped pictures of everything without focus or meaning. Over time I began to subconsciously be on the lookout; I'd stop mid-conversation, mid-stride, or in stopped traffic only to whip out my trusty sufficient Canon. Some of this blogs' followers know I can be quite annoying when I get the picture bug, so I thank you for your patience.

So far this little pet project has been on track, but where exactly that track has careened demonstrates the core goal of doing this. Documenting life. I've covered weather. I've touched on booze and food, life's great two companions. There's been days when I had dozens of photos to choose from and others when I snapped a desperate shot in order to make the day's quota. Sometimes I rant and other times I post and move on, much to the chagrin of one particular reader.

Here's a few quick stats from the past 100 days:
  • The East Village is, not surprisingly, the most common tag, being used 18 times. Spring comes in with 11 hits. Following in distant third with 5 tags a piece are art and the subway.
  • This still pisses me off. And yes, the culprit is still at large.
  • Places visited - Manhattan, Buffalo, home, Boston, Philly, Binghamton, Brooklyn, State College, Staten Island.
  • Number of parks/gardens visited: 7
  • Empire State Building shots: 3
  • Number of David's Bagels shout outs: 1
  • Number of visits to David's: Not nearly enough
Thanks for sticking around this long. I'm looking forward to what's ahead (like Tuesday). As always, comments are welcomed! Take care and happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment