Sunday, June 7, 2009

This probably won't last very long.

I need to start running - I've been saying this for awhile now. But like a smoker trying to quit, I've been putting off the start date for some time now. But wait no more(!!!), I officially kicked off BK's cardio program this afternoon. And by program I mean I got off my lazy arse, cranked the ipod, and puffed, wheezed, and panted for what felt like an eternity. Things I learned today:

Don't run to the beat of the music. Especially when the first song out of the gate is DMB's Shake Me Like a Monkey. You will only want to lean against the nearest tree/unsuspecting person/lamp post in dire pain.

Don't run anywhere around restaurants. Wendy's. Subway. Sushi joints. The gyro cart. Outdoor cafes. Good or bad, these places often give off a particular scent. This smell is only magnified when you are breathing deeply to hold on to dear life.

I'm not 18 anymore. Holy Moley, it's not cross country season anymore. I need to start slow. The road hurts. "Aches and pains" is not just a phrase restricted to Advil commercials.


2 comments:

  1. let me know how long you last. remember though that even though you're sore you should go for a jog and stretch. the soreness will only last a couple of days. oh, and i ran 8 miles today. all at once.

    ReplyDelete