Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Another day, another pair of wet socks.

As documented by every corner of the blog-o-sphere, it's still raining. Not only is this one of the wettest summers on record but it might just be the coolest July New York has ever seen? Just how unexciting is that? I can't begin to explain.

Experiencing the coolest month of July is right up there on my to-do list with rooting for Pete Carroll to get to work safely and Sarah Palin moving to the Continental United States. I want to experience positive things here, people! Give me another Yankees championship, Tell Cleveland to trade Lebron to the Knicks. Keep the Second Avenue Subway on track for completion. Something has to be better than what's going on outside.

It'd be one thing if it was just rain. We're lucky enough to be experiencing gale force winds, lightning and thunder. I can usually gauge a storm's severity if I'm able to hear the thunder from my cube, which rests comfortably in the middle of the building and equidistant from every window. Ugh.

Because I refuse to trek around the city in search of great pizza in this weather I will be taking depressing rain related pictures until this #$%& stops. Today's picture is from my commute home on the subway platform. Watch out for the puddles and drips!

No comments:

Post a Comment