Sunday, March 14, 2010

I was that guy, but for good reason.

I've been that guy before. But once again out of what I believed to be complete justification, I had no problem being another that guy today. No, I'm not talking about another shoe switch. I'm referring to that guy with the over-sized golf umbrella on the sidewalk. Yeah, that guy.

Today was a continuation of yesterday's meteorologic Armageddon. And after yesterday crushed the remaining life out of my umbrella, I had no choice but to use the lone stormy weapon in my repertoire; the golf umbrella. Much like the one my mother used at the elementary school bus stop to keep Ted, myself, and a dozen other academics dry on wet mornings (not to mention the occasional diorama), mine was red, white, and friggin' HUGE.

For those that have walked with me in stormy weather (obvious metaphor not withstanding), you know how I am. Poor umbrella etiquette is on my top five of city pet peeves (up there as well would be dogs and/or children on leases longer than six feet, the city max). I will comment under my breath about someone's poor umbrella usage, regardless of size. A considerate umbrella-ite will raise and lower as necessary. Gentleman, show courtesy to the ladies.

FWIW, if the weather continues like it's been, I might be forced to bring back the rain watch of ohhhh nine.

No comments:

Post a Comment