Thursday, March 25, 2010

This photo cost a buck.

I remember the first time I had a subway churro. I was between transfers with a friend, maneuvering the heavy weekend crowd that infests midtown retail stores. We were lugging bags of who-knows-what after a day of shopping for God-only-knows. We trekked past a young guy manning a shopping cart of Churros on the Queens-bound side of the platform. I paused, turned to my friend, and wondered out loud...

Have you ever had a Churro?
Not from a shopping cart. Do you think they're any good?
I don't know, isn't most street meat good?
We are neither on the street nor are Churro's made of meat.
Well that settles it.

One dollar and two sets of sugary fingers later we were munching on KMart-branded Churros. And you know what? Not half bad. A little on the buttery side, but when has that ever been a bad thing?


This Churro pusher refused to stand by her cart when I started taking pictures. It was only after dropping a GW on her product that she realized I wasn't with the city permit department.

No comments:

Post a Comment