Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The trees of the city.

I started this blog to capture the everyday, whatever and wherever that might be. In the year that this little project has progressed, my subjects have varied; with the exception of one. Well, more than one.

Her and him. You and me.

Which is weird, considering my unabashed support of the age-old sport of people watching. At first I chalked it up to wanting to capture life's inanimate side. But really, I'm finding that redundant. Life is life because of the people - both well known and stranger - that wash through the everyday. New York is New York because of it's people. Trees make the forest; people make the city.

Really though, the lack of people caught on camera (candid or otherwise) is due to my amateurish skill set. I find it borderline creepy to take pictures of strangers. But I think it's time to try and break out. I want to push my comfort zone a little farther than I'm used to. Hopefully the result will be a more intimate look at the daily.

Leather jackets, outside Macy's.


Whatever comes of this, still don't bet the farm on me ever showing up here. This and that were pushing it. Behind the camera I'll remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment