Sunday, March 15, 2009

Keep the cat in the bag, for nothing less than the entertainment factor.

I’m a dog person. Always have been, always will be. For years my requirements for a personal animal have been limited but stringent:


  • Must be able to retrieve a tennis ball
  • Must not be a cat

    This bugger is changing my mind.



    I'm cat sitting for my roommate and his boyfriend as they are in Florida for a week of fun in the sun and occasional team building sessions for work. Having the apartment to myself has been enjoyable, but rather than talk to myself (as I found myself doing) I've begun to bond with the little fur ball. His real name is Absolon (French, I believe) but we call him Dusty, as he has proven to be an excellent Swifter when dragged by the tail. In a positive sense, he's fairly anti-cat. No attitude. He doesn't smell or hiss. He's cuddly and playful like a dog. He chases things when you throw them (retrieving them is another question).

    I was lounging around in the afternoon when Dusty joined me on my bed. With me reading and him needing attention, he quickly entertained himself with the take-out bag of a local foodie hot spot.

    So far - fatty, trendsetting pork spot - 3.5 stars. Dusty - 5 for 5.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment