Saturday, March 14, 2009

Navigating uncharted (but overdeveloped) territory.


Still yearning for meaningful Saturdays to be here, I am finding myself having ample amounts of free time on the weekends (that’s what they’re for anyway, right?). Outside of the typical brunch/groceries/laundry trifecta, I try to enjoy as much of the city as possible. The best way to do this is by throwing on some sneakers and tackling the urban jungle around me.

Today’s quest - the Upper West Side. Predominately stereotyped for being a safe haven for all things family, I generally have no reason to head up and over from my neighborhood (with the exception of dinosaurs, of course). My only gripe walking down Broadway from 96th Street to Columbus Circle was that it seemed at times like I was walking through a mall, including twelve unique coffee shops. But the architecture is stunning, the people are friendly, and the kids are in no short supply. I took some decent shots throughout the course of the afternoon, but the one spotlighted here was truly unique. The UWS is one the last ‘hoods that I would think an anti-theft system like this would be necessary, but it was nonetheless entertaining.

I'm still deciding what to do with the rest of the pictures I took today. I'll share the link if I decide to post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment