Sunday, July 12, 2009

Arts Fest part deux.

I'm not a big vacation person. I never been to "the islands," and I don't own a passport. Tell me you're driving across the country for the hell of it and I'll pack my bag tonight. I'll take the Jersey Shore over Cancun any day. So one of the ways I burn through my government firm issued 25 days of vacation is to extend my weekends during the summer, this one being no exception.

I take an extra day to enjoy Happy Valley whenever I can. Campus is quiet and beautiful. I can enjoy a peaceful day while thousands pour of out of town on their way back home. Today's hang out was the all important Cafe 210. Much like the Skeller, Joe Paterno, and grilled stickies, the Cafe is an only-at-Penn-State experience. Sit outside with the sun at your back and a cold "Tea" in your hand and you'll experience one of the best days imaginable.

Lunch, a few rounds of credit card roulette, three servers, and one NFL star run-in later and we had had enough. Another Arts Fest officially came to an end which means one thing - football season is upon us. My man Kevin recently published his first piece over at The Grand Experiment(al). It's about time I do the same (stay tuned).

1 comment:

  1. You really need to get a passport and use it!!!!! Important on so many levels!

    ReplyDelete