Monday, July 13, 2009

Jersey gives 6BC a run for its money.

While enjoying an afternoon cocktail in Happy Valley yesterday, I received urgent news from my mother. No, my brother was not in trouble. No, the house was not broken into. Dad killed the internet and I need to help. Fast.

In the spirit of meaning well, everything (cable modem, wireless router, and Slingbox) was disconnected when putting in a new window in his at-home office. Wires were labeled, notes were taken, and all pieces were accounted for. The old window came out, the new one in and plum, and the internet trinkets reconnected. Flip the power and - nothing. Mama K knew better and called her 24/7 support line. Mwah. I made a pit stop at home to remedy the situation and after following the half mile of ethernet cables (I think the labels were in Greek) I found the problem.

Today's picture is of one of Mama K's gardens. When in full bloom these things make the hobbyists at my garden jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment