Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Finally, a cup of New York coffee.

Back to work after a long weekend and I'm surviving each passing hour with another cup of coffee. I took a quick break this afternoon and visited a small park cut-out on 51st Street between 3rd and 2nd Avenue. It's a peaceful spot that offers midtowners like myself a green space to escape to during the day. Midtowners take note - this space is clutch for lunch but seats are limited.

I grabbed a coffee from the garden's closet-like shop before taking my place by the falls. To my shocking surprise my coffee was in the iconic New York cup. I went three years without ever coming across this cup!!! As a rookie resident, I forever felt cheated. I'd see the cup everywhere, everywhere but my corner cart never had it (and for good reason). I'm getting shammed I thought to myself. Every Tom, Dick and Carrie Bradshaw drank from a blue and white cup adorned with the phrase "It's Our Pleasure to Serve You." Everyone except me.

Until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment