Saturday, August 15, 2009

Three weeks. Three &$#@ing weeks.

Get ready for an onslaught of Penn State.

The Yankees are running away with the AL East, Brett Farve wants to kill all ties with the Packer faithful, and the Knicks are, well, still the Knicks. Lucky for us (and by us I mean the world) college football returns in three weeks. Summer practices are under way. Depth charts are being finalized. It's almost game time.

My man Pee Jay hooked me up with some nerdy excellent preseason reading this weekend. The first one sporting team captains Sean "I eat running backs for breakfast" Lee (45) and Daryl "I wear sunglasses at night" Clark (17) is an intense recruiting magazine. Covering everything from Joe Paterno to the student section to success in the classroom, it is a detailed collection of everything a parent or recruit needs to know about playing for Penn State. I've gotten through most of it but am still avoiding the pages on the game that never happened. The second magazine is the press-friendly preseason break down, full of every statistic an obsessed fan could hope for. Excellent reads for the subway on the way to work in the morning.**

I hope to be back several times this fall with some unique access to the games, posting pictures to my very-much-in-need-of-an-update Flickr page.



**You think I'm kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment